Last Updated: March 3, 2023
What Information Do We Collect?
When you use our Services, we may collect, store, and process various kinds of data, including Personal Information about you. “Personal Information” refers to information about you that can be used to identify you, such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card information, or transaction information.
Specifically, we may collect, store, or process information when you:
- Contact us via with inquiries, including via email;
- Register for an event via the Site;
- Apply to be a member via our Site;
- Submit a form on the Site;
- Sign up for mobile messaging or otherwise sign up to receive communications; or
- Voluntarily provide information.
Why We Collect Information
We use your information for the following purposes
- To present our Services to you;
- To process transactions;
- To personalize your experience;
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us;
- To notify you about our Services, including by email and text message subject to your consent;
- To provide our Services to you, to optimize our Services, and to assist with our marketing efforts;
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other Site feature;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To notify you about changes to our Services we offer;
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features on our Services;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- To perform analytics to learn about the behavior of our Service users;
- For any other purpose with your consent;
- To comply with any applicable law and to maintain the security of our Site;
To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Site visitors is among the assets transferred.
How We Use Tracking Technologies
This, in turn, helps us make our Services relevant to your interests and needs. We use a number of different Tracking Technologies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used by the Chamber to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by clicking the unsubscribe link in the promotional email. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of an event registration or as otherwise described herein.
- Targeted or Interest-Based Advertising. We may work with third-party advertising companies that collect and use information about your online activities across sites over time, in order to deliver more relevant advertising when you are visiting the Site and elsewhere on the Internet. This practice is known as interest-based advertising. The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt-out of receiving targeted ads from our advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these, and also learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy at: https://thenai.org/opt-out/, https://youronlinechoices.eu/, or https://youradchoices.ca/ , and aboutads.info/choices/.
- Google Analytics. We may use Google Analytics to improve our Site’s functions. You can choose not to be included in Google Analytics by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
“Do Not Track” Requests
Our Site currently does not respond to “do not track” or similar signals.
How Do We Share Your Personal Information?
We may disclose your Personal Information as follows:
- With affiliates, contractors, service providers, and other third-parties we use to support our business. This may include payment processors, data hosting services, analytics services, event registration support, advertising partners, messaging partners, and email service providers;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- With your consent;
- With affiliates if you opt-in to receiving communications from affiliates;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about the Website users is among the assets transferred;
- To enforce any agreement, including any applicable terms of service;
- To establish or exercise our right to defend against legal claims;
- To law enforcement and other government authorities such as legislatures, courts, agencies and litigants if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to: (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of governmental authorities; (b) comply with legal process; (c) respond to requests from public or government authorities, including public or government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) protect the security or integrity of the Services’ information systems; and/or (e) exercise or protect our rights, privacy, safety or those of affiliates, clients, you or others; and
- If we reasonably believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Chamber or others.
You may sign up for email or text message communications from the Chamber. We partner with Constant Contact to send email marketing and text message communications. For more information about how we may use your information with Constant Contact and the information that may be collected through our email campaigns, see Constant Contact’s Customer Data Notice available at https://www.constantcontact.com/legal/customer-contact- data-notice.
If you wish to unsubscribe from our email campaigns, please click on the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing email sent from us. If you opt out of our email marketing, we will still send you messages related to our relationship with you, such as event registrations.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
To protect your Personal Information, we take commercially reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. However, no data protection procedures are entirely infallible. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that it will be 100% secure. Your transmission of your information to our Platform thus is done entirely at your own risk.
Third-Party Websites and Social Media
Our Site may contain links to other sites, including those of third parties or partners. While we seek to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we cannot be responsible for the privacy practices other websites use. By accessing other third party websites or applications through our Site, you are consenting to the terms and privacy policies of those websites. It is possible that other parties may collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different web sites when you use our Site.
Our Site is hosted and operated in the United States (“US”). By using this Site, you are consenting to the transfer of your personal information to the US. If you are accessing our Site from outside the US, please be advised that US law may not offer the same privacy protections as the law of your jurisdiction.
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to Chamber@GreaterRochesterChamber.com.
Users Only of Legal Age of Majority
Our Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Services or on or through any of its features/register on the Services or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13 without verifiable parental consent, please contact us at Chamber@GreaterRochesterChamber.com.
Review and Correction of Your Information
Greater Rochester Chamber of Commerce
150 State Street, Suite 400
Rochester, NY 14614