10 Reasons Why You Should Welcome Student Interns
Are you thinking about hiring student interns? The Employment Alliance matches students with businesses that support work-readiness programs. The Employment Alliance pays these student interns, ages 14-21, while you give them the opportunity to develop industry-specific skills, whether that’s in a warehouse, kitchen or an office, just to name a few.
Here are 10 reasons to bring student interns from the Employment Alliance to your company:
- Find undiscovered talent. The Employment Alliance works with students and job-seekers who are largely undiscovered talent. In this difficult labor market, partnering with the Employment Alliance is a great way to expand your pool of talent prospects.
- The Employment Alliance funds the internship. The Employment Alliance pays student interns. You’ll have the extra help you need while supporting interns to learn and grow as professionals.
- Over 100 companies partner with the Employment Alliance and so can yours. Employment Alliance professionals are experts at matching talented workers with job openings in our community. The Employment Alliance has a track record of offering successful work readiness and job coaching programs and partners with more than 100 companies in the Greater Rochester and Buffalo-Niagara regions!
- Cultivate your work culture. Interns add dimension and value to your work culture by offering fresh perspectives and innovative ideas to help you and your company think broadly for success.
- Opportunity to hire interns as employees. Mangers can choose to hire student interns as employees upon successful completion of the internship. The internship program is a great way to get to know potential employees before selection.
- Make the community a better place. You’re making the community better by offering young people with disabilities the chance to gain real-life work experience and stay on a trajectory for self-sufficiency.
- Broaden your perspective. The insight you may gain from working with a student may broaden your perspective to better serve your customers and clients in more inclusive ways.
- Stand up for equity. Our community is doing more to address economic and social disparities for marginalized groups, but we have a long way to go. By hiring an intern, you’re helping make an impact in your community by making inclusivity a priority.
- Bolster your company image and build your brand. Being a socially responsible company can help with your company image and can be used to build your reputation in the community.
- Introduce young talent to your field. Has your industry been struggling to attract new candidates? Offering internships is a great way to introduce young talent to your field.
If your company is interested in learning more about student internships, visit HCSemploymentalliance.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.