NYS Employers – Prepare Now for Electronic Labor Law Posters￼
UPDATE: Governor Hochul signed this bill on December 16, 2022. Employers are now required to comply with this requirement.
Employers in NYS are required to post numerous federal and state labor law posters to notify employees of their rights under certain laws. These posters must be displayed conspicuously in the workplace.
Given the increase in the number of employees working remotely post-COVID, employers must ensure remote employees have access to the required postings as well.
- Make these mandatory documents available online as digital files
- Notify employees of the availability of these documents online
This electronic posting requirement would apply to all documents that are required to be posted in the workplace.
To ensure compliance, employers should consider the following:
- Check all state and federal laws and make sure all mandatory workplace posters have been posted in any existing physical workplace. Click here for a chart of state posters and links to download, and click here for federal posters. The US Department of Labor also has a poster advisor to help employers comply.
- Create digital copies of these postings and upload them to your company intranet. If you do not have a company intranet, create an email and attach any digital file you’ve created. Save the email to distribute when the bill becomes law.
- When the law goes into effect, notify all employees that the required documents are available electronically and how they can access them.
- Additionally, employers will need to make sure to update the employee handbook and other resources that need to be updated with this information.
For those who would rather purchase an electronic poster package vs. compiling themselves, Greater Rochester Chamber members receive a 10% discount on posters ordered through our partner, GovDocs. Here is the site to order from (or check out prices): https://shop.govdocs.com/Labor-Law-Posters/State-and-Federal-Poster-Packages. You must enter promotion code GN-RBA to your shopping cart to apply the 10% discount.
Greater Rochester Chamber members with questions on required posters or other HR issues are encouraged to contact the HR Helpline staff for assistance. Kathy Richmond, Sr. Director, HR Services, Jennifer Suppé, Sr. HR Services Specialist, or Fernán Cepero, HR Services Partner. Level of Helpline access varies by membership tier.