Support the next generation of business leaders at the 2024 New York State DECA Conference
Volunteers are needed to help make the 2024 New York State DECA Conference possible at the Rochester Riverside Convention Center on March 6th and March 7th! DECA is bringing 2,400 top high school business students from across New York State to downtown Rochester to compete, network with each other, and meet business professionals.
DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality and management in high schools and colleges around the globe. Throughout the conference, students will compete in a variety of events designed to test their skills in fields ranging from financing to hospitality to advertising and many other categories involving marketing and business. The best competitors at SCC qualify to attend the International Career Development Conference.
Judges are needed for Wednesday evening, during the day on Thursday, or both. Here's what you can expect if you sign on as a judge:
- Students will share promotional strategies for a case study they just received 10 minutes prior to meeting with you.
- They’ll passionately explain how they activated their community to get behind an important cause.
- They’ll unveil a comprehensive marketing strategy for a local business that they developed through their classroom learning.
- They’ll tell you about their real business (yes, real) and their plans to grow it over the next three years.
- They’ll give you innovative ideas that you can use in your own company!
If you're interested in participating in this opportunity to give back to our up-and-coming business leaders, you can sign up to show interest here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeF35yRMIjM9QxAbfMYgNM1n4Jn0P_XpIw2zQ0F_8k-NiRDVA/viewform Your support will help to make New York DECA one of the best in the nation!
For questions, please contact Sue Utz at firstname.lastname@example.org.