Greater Rochester Quality Council (GRQC), a Greater Rochester Chamber affiliate, Announces Finalists for 2023 Performance Excellence Awards
ROCHESTER, NY (September 1, 2023) – The Greater Rochester Quality Council, a Greater Rochester Chamber affiliate, is excited to announce eighteen finalists representing nine organizations for the 2023 Performance Excellence Awards. The GRQC Performance Excellence Award Program helps organizations in all sectors of the economy gain valuable insights into strategic areas of their operations, connect with like-minded leaders in high performing organizations, and earn formal recognition for achieving excellence through continuous improvement methodologies.
Performance Excellence Awards are presented in three categories: Team Excellence, Organizational Excellence, and Customer Experience. The 2023 awards will be presented at the Annual GRQC Showcase and Awards event during National Quality Month on Wednesday, October 11, 2023, at Locust Hill Country Club. The ceremony will also feature a keynote presentation from Mike Della Porta, COO/CIO, Butler/Till, a 2022 Organizational Excellence Gold Award recipient.
The 2023 finalists in the Customer Experience category are:
- University of Rochester Medicine, Golisano Children’s Hospital and Daystar Kids
- Rochester Regional Health, Restoring Compassion
The 2023 finalists in the Organizational Excellence category are:
- SouthCo, Journey of Excellence
- Paychex, Enterprise Program Office
The 2023 finalists in the Team Excellence category are:
- University of Rochester Medicine, Improving Lung Cancer Screening Utilization
- University of Rochester Medicine, Golisano Children’s Hospital, Pediatric Tracheostomy Action Plan
- University of Rochester Medicine, Post-operative Opioid Stewardship Management Project
- University of Rochester Medicine, Interdisciplinary Approach to Administer Timely Antibiotics Preventing Complications of Sepsis
- University of Rochester Medicine, Thompson Health, Sleep Guideline Do-It Group
- Rochester Regional Health, MRI Department, Turnaround Time Reduction
- Paychex, Communication Mining Tool
- Hillside, Improve Compliance with EMR Security Audit
- Hillside, Improvement of Program Scorecard Process
- Heritage Christian Services, Reimagining Community Habilitation Services
- Gorbel®, The Gorbel® Destuff-itTM Implementation Project
- Finger Lakes Performing Provider System, Community Based Doula Program
- Finger Lakes Performing Provider System, Transformational Community Care Coordination (TC3) Program
- Forward Leading Independent Provider Association, Integrated Acute Contact Team
A GRQC review team, including experienced Malcolm Baldrige examiners and past Empire State Advantage and Partners in Performance Excellence examiners, evaluates each application using a simplified version of the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award scoring guidelines.
Anne McNelis, Board Member, GRQC, said "We are thrilled to unveil the exceptional finalists for the 2023 Performance Excellence Awards, reaffirming our commitment to celebrating remarkable achievements within the Greater Rochester region. The dedication and innovation demonstrated by these finalists underscore the unwavering pursuit of excellence that defines our community. GRQC is excited and proud to continue recognizing and honoring outstanding accomplishments that inspire growth and elevate the standards of excellence. We look forward to celebrating with you in October!”
Bob Duffy, President & CEO, Greater Rochester Chamber of Commerce, said “Congratulations to all of the organizations announced as finalists for the Performance Excellence Awards. These awards not only highlight the exceptional endeavors of our local businesses but also underscore the Greater Rochester region as a breeding ground for innovation, excellence, and unwavering commitment to quality. Thank you to the GRQC for organizing this event and celebrating excellence year after year."
Event registration and sponsorships for the ceremony in October are now available. Learn more at https://my.greaterrochesterchamber.com/calendar/Details/2023-grqc-showcase-and-performance-excellence-awards-798406.