Kimberly K. Harding Receives 4th Annual Greater Rochester Chamber IGNITE Award
ROCHESTER, NY (August 3, 2022) –– Greater Rochester Chamber of Commerce presented Kimberly K. Harding with its 4th Annual Greater Rochester Chamber IGNITE Award on August 3, 2022 during a ceremony at the Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa. The IGNITE Award recognizes a young professional aged 21 to 40 who strives toward the highest levels of personal and professional accomplishment, excels in their chosen field, devotes time and energy to their community in a meaningful way, and forges a path of leadership for others to follow.
Harding is a partner in Nixon Peabody’s Labor & Employment group and the deputy leader of the firm’s nationwide Litigation Department. She also leads the firm’s Women’s Resource Groups for the Buffalo, Rochester, Albany, and Long Island offices. Kim’s practice is a hybrid of traditional labor relations and employment litigation. In her legal work, she represents and/or counsels employers of every size and in almost every industry, particularly on matters relating to anti-discrimination and anti-harassment, wage and hour obligations, leave management, and other workforce challenges.
Deeply committed to the Greater Rochester community, Harding serves as a commissioner for Rochester’s City Planning Commission, was the former chair of the board of trustees for the National Susan B. Anthony Museum (where she also served for six years as a trustee), and was a 2020 graduate of Leadership Rochester. She also provides extensive pro bono service for many nonprofits in Greater Rochester including the Center for Youth, the Out Alliance, and the Greater Rochester Area Branch–American Association of University Women. She has received recognition from the New York State Bar Association on several occasions for her pro bono work.
A full list of 2022 Greater Rochester Chamber IGNITE Award finalists includes:
- Mubarak Bashir, Vice President for Youth and Community Services, Action for a Better Community
- Kristen Elizabeth Beideman, Director of Infection Prevention and Emergency Preparedness, UR Medicine Thompson Health
- Kamarah Caven, Accounting Specialist, L3Harris Technologies
- Stephen DeVay, Agile Coach, Office of the CIO, Constellation Brands Inc.
- Jeiri I. Flores, Advocacy Specialist, Strong Center for Developmental Disabilities
- Netsanet Gebregzibher, Human Resources Director, YWCA of Rochester & Monroe County
- Adrian Hale, Director, Economic & Community Development, Foundry
- Flossie Hall, Director of Business Development & Marketing, Generation Capital Management
- Kimberly K. Harding, Partner & Deputy Leader, Litigation Department, Nixon Peabody LLP
- Garrett Macdonald, Senior Vice President, three+one
- Jonathan Meagher-Zayas, Director of Community Engagement, Villa of Hope
- Emily Miller, Director of Marketing, Wilmac
- Aly (Raco) Arena, Director of Recruiting, JK Executive Strategies
- John Salter, Vice President, Business Banking, M&T Bank
- Morrie Silver, Director, Communications & Baseball Information, Rochester Red Wings
A selection committee consisting of a diverse group of professional leaders from the Rochester and Finger Lakes business community determined the finalists and recipient based upon submitted nominations.