Greater Rochester Chamber and Women’s Council Recognize Extraordinary Women Leaders
ROCHESTER, NY (February 1, 2021) Greater Rochester Chamber of Commerce and its Women’s Council affiliate announce the finalists chosen for the ATHENA International Award, the ATHENA International Young Professional Award, and the ATHENA International Organizational Award.
Greater Rochester Chamber and the Women’s Council plan to present the internationally recognized awards, which honor and empower women in business, at the 35th annual ATHENA Awards celebration on April 22, 2021.
The ATHENA International Award is given annually to a professional female leader who has demonstrated significant achievements in business, community service, and the professional advancement of women.
The 2021 ATHENA International Award finalists are:
· Iris Banister, Founder and Executive Director, NAMOW Counseling Center
· Glenna Colaprete, Owner and CEO, Glenna's CBD and Spa
· Lauren Dixon , Founder/Chairman, Dixon Schwabl Advertising
· Heidi Schult Gregory, Managing Partner, Rochester Office, Harris Beach PLLC
· Cindy Langston, Senior Vice President, Chief Analytics & Data Officer, Excellus Health Plan Blue Cross Blue Shield
· Nancy Neumann, Vice President of Interaction Design, ITX Corp.
· Lourdes Roa, Mid-West RBERN Coordinator, Monroe 2-Orleans BOCES
· Deborah Stendardi, Vice President for Government and Community Relations (recently retired), Rochester Institute of Technology
· JoAnne M. Tallinger-Ryan MHA RN, Co-Founder & Chief Community Engagement Officer, Continual Care Solutions, Inc.
· Dina G. Vazzana, Vice President/General Manager Life Science Optics, IDEX Health & Science
The ATHENA International Young Professional Award recognizes emerging female leaders in the 30 to 45 year old range who demonstrate excellence, creativity, and initiative in their business or profession and serve as a role model for young women both personally and professionally.
The 2021 ATHENA International Young Professional Award finalists are:
· Ashley Nicole Campbell, Manager of Security and Data Integrity, Office of Human Resources, University of Rochester
· Jessica Clemente, Senior Associate, Harter Secret & Emery LLP
· Melissa Daminski, Senior Director, Product Management, L3 Harris Technologies
· Veronica Dasher, Program Manager, Government and Community Relations, RG&E
· Carey Ann Denefrio, Corporate Counsel, Paychex, Inc.
· Jennifer Dunivent, Director, Customer Delivery, Clearsense, LLC
· Krystle Ellis, Senior Director of Development and Communications, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Rochester, NY
· Yana Khashper, Co-Founder/CEO, ROCovery Fitness
· Stacy Lake, Corporate Communications Manager, Bergmann
· Aekta Andrea Miglani, Emergency Medicine Medical Director, Strong Memorial Hospital, University of Rochester Medical Center
· Allie D'Amanda Sacks, Vice President, Commercial Real Estate Relationship Manager, M&T Bank
· Cicely Strickland-Ruiz, Chief Operating Officer, United Way of Greater Rochester
· Audrey Wackerman, Vice President, Employee Benefits Consultant, USI Insurance Services
The ATHENA International Organizational Award goes to a woman-owned or woman-led business or organization that creates a culture encouraging women employees to achieve their full leadership potential and supports leadership development opportunities for women and girls in the community.
The 2021 ATHENA International Organizational Award finalists are:
· Brockport Research Institute
· The Center For Youth
· Helen & Gertrude
For more information on the ATHENA International Awards, contact Greater Rochester Chamber Events Director Susan George at Susan.George@GreaterRochesterChamber.com or (585) 256-4612.
To purchase tickets or explore sponsorship opportunities for the April 22, 2021 ATHENA Awards celebration, visit http://bit.ly/AthenaROC.